Saturday, February 09, 2008

Pretty Little Things

Dear Jessica Jones, I love you. Reading your site has become a daily ritual of mine. I have recently decided that I want to make pretty things. The problem? I suck at it! I have little to no patience, no real skill, and not a lot of time.



But check this out:



I love them! I made them, and they don't look ridiculous or cheesy! Now, I use the word made pretty liberally, as I downloaded Jessica's pdf file that held the most important part. And mine are smaller than they are supposed to be, I think. I still love them, and want to send them to everyone I know. Or just attach them to every available surface of my home.

It was totally therapeutic. Did you know that there has only been 10 minutes of sunshine around here in the last month? These little cards are really making things brighter for me.

Thanks, Jessica! Let's be best friends!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica, what have you done with my wife. Thanks to you I will never have to paint again, seeing how there is some kind of craft thingy hanging on almost every visible piece of wall.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jessica Jones said...

Dear Kelly,
You TOTALLY can make pretty things. Good work! Carry on! (I wonder if you printed the template oriented "portrait" instead of "landscape" on the page? Try landscape.) But they look cute!

Your BFF,
Jessica

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in awe of your cards, Kel... and Jessica... I am trying to pick my jaw off the floor after looking at your blog. Wow, woman!

I cleaned chunky vomit out of my bathmat tonight. That's as creative as I've gotten as of late. No tutorial or PDF needed, I hope...

- Claire

6:50 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You can't pretty up vomit, I'm fairly sure.

Oh, Claire. I hope all the little people feel better soon.

Okay, how JEALOUS are you all that I have a famous BFF?

So, so jealous, I'm sure.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Kel, I doubt you'd know anything about prettying up vomit, 'cause your IRL (wannabe - on again off again) 2nd BFF is the one who cleaned it up for you. Which by the way, was so. freaking. cute!!! Of Course. The vomit. From your kid. :)

Those cards are adorable! (I'd better get one!) And I want to be BFF with Jessica, too. I have added her blog to my favorites. Do you think that'll do it?

I wonder if I get extra crafty points for using so many exclamation points?!?!

Disclaimer: Emily, I am only kidding. But not about Johnny's puke being cute.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes, I am jealous. But that is my nature.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, I am TOTALLY jealous! BFF with a famous person!

All my apes are fine now. It was food poisoning & I'm just glad I said no to the cheap pizza and yes to tummy control.

So, Johnny has cute puke, huh? That's pretty darn amazing. But, please don't post a pic on your blog, ya hear!?!?

Oh, and don't send me one of those cards, because it's pressure to actually put a stamp on the postcard I picked up for you mid-December that's been sitting in my glove box. Man, when I get a stamp... that suckers gonna brighten your day.

- Claire

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home