Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fabulous

Guess what I did?

I GOT A JOB. A JOB, WHERE I WORK, AND THEY PAY ME. I work, at my job where I work.

I'm so freaking excited about my retail job, I could puke. You would puke if you saw my first paycheck, which I got on Friday- but I don't care! I have a job, where I work. Maybe they only sort of pay me, but STILL.

I should have done this such a long time ago. It is so nice to dress in clothes that won't be used as napkins/tissues/garbage receptacles for a whole four (or more)hours, and wear makeup and cute shoes. I spend four (or more) hours talking to other grown-ups. They aren't grown-ups that I have much in common with, because I am OLD but I still don't care. I leave the house, and I'm only in charge of myself! I don't have to take any diapers or sippy cups or tiny trains, cars, hats, strollers or snacks! I get to miss my boy for a little while, and this is a really good thing for us.

Whoo! Hoo!

In other news, it is Easter and Johnny has discovered a deep, unabiding love of jellybeans. His diaper tomorrow may look like an episode of Rainbow Brite. Hopefully I'll miss it, because I'll be busy. WORKING. At my job.

This week T was on vacation, and we had a lot of fun. We painted, cleaned the attic, went to IKEA. What? That is too fun. We also took Johnny to see Horton Hears a Who. He loved it. For about 28 minutes. Then he started whispering that he wanted to go home. He made it for another 30 before the yelling began. Then he leaned forward in the aisle, shouted "Looks at all these guys watching the biiiiig edaphant! That's kinda funny!" Then we left. Maybe next year he'll be ready for movies. It snowed all night on Good Friday, so there were no egg hunts outside for us, but T did hide a few in the house. If they didn't have jellybeans in them, they were a big ol' bust.

I spent a LOT of time cuddling baby Kathryn today. She is like a tiny little Ambien wrapped in an electric blanket. It was the highlight of the day. Tomorrow's highlights will likely include using the new bubble machine that the Easter Bunny brought for Johnny and convincing him that no, there aren't any more jellybeans in the house. Then? I'll be off to my job. Where I work.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow everything you describe about work is what I think about if I were to become a parent again. Congrats Kel, sorry I dragged Johnny around in the horiible filth of your "Raiders of The Lost Ark Temple" (I mean Gramps basement). Too bad about the movie, if you took him to Polar Express he might make it...
-Uncle Tim

12:14 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

One of the highlights of my Easter was going to check on why your Johnny sounded upset, to find he had been DENIED his blue easter egg cookie that was in the basement. The one he got from Grandma! This was because Matt and T thought he had found a cookie from 1968. Not that, you know, that COULDN'T have happened. I still found it amusing.
Congrats on the job. DO NOT tell my spendthrift daughter you can get a discount. K, thnx.
Kathryn IS like warm soft cuddly Ambien, isn't she? And her head still smells like new baby.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait to hold Kathryn and to talk with Johnny - can't wait! We were with some young'uns yesterday (2,4 & 5) and it made me yearn for JJ.
So, where oh where is this job? The one where you Don't get a discount. I remember so clearly the first time I left the house without Colin after he was born. He was a whoppin' two weeks old and I Skipped to the store. (yeah, I'm sure I was buying diapers but I was Alone at last!) Also, I worked part-time when mine were young and enjoyed all the benefits of which you speak. (Plus, I can speak fancy now.)

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! A job! How cool! I guess I have to call you to find out WHERE you work! Ha!

Okay, and I laughed big time when I read about the "Ambien in an electric blanket".

- Claire

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is awesome that my wife got a job.It will be more awesome when her earnings catch up to her spending. While we do miss her, it is cool hangin,just the boyz..

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I will protect the identity of my fabulous job from the internet. This way, if it becomes less fabulous, I can bitch about it anonymously. I'm SMRT.

Lynne, Claire, I will TOTALLY tell you later. And I will share my discount!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home